Introduction: Women In The Bible


.
.
.

"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1v17

"Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God, think of all the good that has come from their lives and follow examples of their faith." Hebrews 13v7 

"The Lord is on my side, I will not fear." Psalm 118v6


Hello...

Ladies, or gentlemen, today I wanted to introduce you to something that is really a step. For me. The past few blog posts have been spur of the moment, what I feel then and there, I have never done anything like this, let alone write about it and post it on the internet for all of time! 

Recently I have been reading about lots of lovely ladies in the Bible, ladies who we can learn a lot about from their character, situation and how they love God. I started to make a list of some of my favourites or ones who are extra important.  I chose 9 ladies from the Old Testament who I love and feel like you would love too. 

It's so easy to just remember the men, Abraham, Noah, David, Joshua and the list goes on and on... but there are so many ladies in the Bible who did incredible things for God or who God did incredible things with, or gave them miracles and life changing situations. 

Over the next 9 Weeks we will meet 9 ladies whose circumstances are as diverse as their characters. I'm not saying these ladies are perfect, definitely not, but we can learn a lot from them, not become like them but learn about the goodness of God, through them. 

Like Hebrews says "Think of all the good that has come from their lives and follow in examples of their faith." Even though these situations happen so many years ago and a time we most certainly weren't around for they are still relevant and applicable to today. There are still women who are in similar situations to the women we will look at, maybe you are going through similar circumstances, but we can look at the good (and the bad) from their lives and follow in their examples of faith. 

Because when he's on our side we have nothing to worry about, he holds everything together...

.
.
.

"Those who put everything in God's hands will see God's hands in everything." 

Week 1 : Sarah
Week 2: Rebekah
Week 3: Leah
Week 4: Rachel
Week 5: Naomi
Week 6: Ruth 
Week 7: Hannah
Week 8: Abigail
Week 9: Esther
.
.
.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts