2017 Favourites


Towards the end of last year, I decided I wanted to start sharing more, beauty, fashion and lifestyle content which I mentioned in my last post, which you can check that out here: www.kirstenadele.blogspot.com/2018/01/2017-you-were-lovely.html. Today I thought I'd start off with all my must-have products, or the ones I find myself reaching for time and time again, -you could just call it my favourites of 2017.


MAKE-UP 


It seems most natural for me to talk about my favourite things and jump straight to make-up. I love experimenting with colours, styles and ideas for my looks and, the Rimmel London 25 Hour Lasting Finish Foundation (see photograph) is always the base for creating these. It has lovely, buildable coverage which stays on super well for all-day wear.  For my lower lashes, the Maybelline Great Lash is a staple for my collection, the small wand makes it really easy for using along the lower lashes and the price is great too!
Contouring has been a big part of my make-up routine in this last year. The Ben Nye Essential Eye Shadow and Rouge Palette is perfect for this. Although at the pricer end of the scale at £96 for the palette the eyeshadow shades are great for brows, contouring, eyeshadow and blush.
Setting my make-up has been great with the use of the Make-up Revolution Banana Powder it is really affordable and a great dupe for the Ben Nye one which celebrity stylists swear by, including Kim Kardashian. 

Finally this year the lipsticks have all been about the nudes, my go to favourite is Mac's Modesty Cremesheen which I have been using for a while, it is a beautiful muted pink tone which complements a neutral everyday look really well. Another lipstick I started lovely towards the end of 2017 is the Collection Twilight Nude (currently only £3.99). This is a slightly darker nude, great for evenings or nights out. The shine gel finish is lovely, the product just glides on.

SKINCARE




Skincare has become more important to me over the last year. I have been loving a couple of things, however, the skincare side is a lot smaller whilst I find the right products. The Garnier Micellar Water is my holy grail product, perfect for removing your make-up, soothing your skin and helping your skin feel fresh and revived. Simply put... I love it, I have three more currently in the cupboard and I could not live without it!
The Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel, Charcoal Face Mask is an absolute god send. It is fabulous for cleaning out your pores and balancing your skin. I try to use mine weekly or bi-weekly, depending on how my skin feels. Final skincare product, The Tropics Eye Refresh (see photograph) is one of my current favourites, this cools and soothes your under eye area, I use this every single morning to wake my eyes up and get ready for the day. This company is vegan friendly, and do not test on animals. 

QUICKFIRE FAVOURITES

Fashion Pick: Primark Denim Long length Jacket (£25), Asos Over Knee Lace Up Boots (£20 reduced from £60)
Album: Little Mix, Glory Days
Songs: Slow Hands- Niall Horan, New Rules- Dua Lipa and Power- Little Mix feat Stormzy
TV Show: Suits (Available on Netflix)
You Tube Channels: The Meldrums and Jess and Gabriel 
Worship Song/ Album (too many to link): So Will I (100 Billion X)- Hillsong United, Reckless Love- Cory Asbury, Love Wont Let Me Down- Hillsong Young and Free and Not Today- Hillsong United. (The Wonder Album is incredible)
Food: Nutella B-Ready Breakfast Bars, Fibre One Cakes (Salted Caramel) and Caramel Lattes

Lots of Love 
Kirsten x

Comments

Popular Posts