Baking Sunday Cake


Hello there,

Last week I decided to do a spot of baking using my new favourite cookbook Tanya Bakes. After spending what felt like hours and hours trying to decide what to possibly make- I'm not joking when I say it all looks incredible. I settled for the Iced Buns and Tanya's Sunday Cake. I decorated the cake slightly differently and doubled up on the batch for the sponge and buttercream but this cake was one of the best I think I have ever made and Tanya's recipes are fault proof!

Ingredients 

For the sponge:
170g Unsalted Butter, Softened
170g Caster Sugar 
3 Eggs
140g Self-raising flour
30g Cocoa Powder
1.5 teaspoons baking powder (I forgot this the first time!)

For the buttercream:
90g Butter, Softened 
170g Icing Sugar
Cocoa Powder, to taste

For the topping/decoration: 
200g Milk Chocolate 
Buttons/Maltesers/ Smarties

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180c and line the tins with greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, sifted flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and mix until well combined. 
4. Divide the batter between two cake tins and spread with spatula, don't worry it should rise and spread out more in the oven, Bake for 18-20 minutes, cool a little in the tin and then transfer onto the wire rack to cool completely. 
5. For the butter icing mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
6. Once the cake is completely cool spread the icing over one cake and sandwich with the other.
7. Then decorate- I spread more buttercream along the top and then decorated with milk chocolate and smarties. However for the topping melt the chocolate in a bowl set over simmering water and pour it gently over the cake. Decorate with your favourite chocolate or sweets. 


Have fun Baking! 

All the Love

Kirsten x 

Twitter: @kirstenaprice
Instagram: @kirstenaprice
Snapchat: @kirstenaprice
Pinterest: @kirstprice



Comments

Popular Posts